Wednesday, October 28, 2009

mothering

The mothering is getting old. I get it at work, in the neighborhood, from people who don't even have kids. Some act like they have every right to tell me what to do, which they don't, and the one person I figured would do it the most, hasn't.

My MIL pretty much doesn't offer up anything unless asked, which is nice. But a friend(ish) went all control freak when I mentioned looking into a place that offers alternative birthing options. Because it is so her place to have any say-so whatsoever.

A neighbor who has no kids felt the urge to give me all of her opinions on what I should do and those at work really have only gotten onto me for lifting anything heavier than like, my finger. Moved an empty suitcase the other day (did not lift, pushed) and got an ear full. Was all like really? If I can't do this then pretty much everything else is out of the question.